Emily is the lovely girl behind the Conscious Foodie website and here is one of her favorite recipes: Raw Chocolate Brownies (YUM )
This recipe has become one of her favourite after dinner treats. It’s super easy to make and only takes 10 minutes. Plus the recipe uses whole ingredients and is raw, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Emily’s Raw Chocolate Brownies
What you need (servings 12)
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
10 fresh dates (seeds removed)
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup cashews
½ cup coconut cream
¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon honey
Strawberries (or other berries) to serve
What you do
1. Process almonds, walnuts and cacao until the nuts turn into a fine meal and the cacao is well combined.
2. Add dates slowly until the mixture combines and starts to stick together.
3. Finally add coconut oil and process until well combined.
4. Press the combined brownie mixture into a small tray.
5. Place in the fridge while you make the icing.
To make the icing, process all ingredients until smooth and then spread on top of the brownie.
Cool in the fridge for 3 hours, then cut into squares and serve with strawberries (or other berries). These brownies are best stored in the fridge.