Easter Chocolate Egg
Easter is already here! OMG, I am not sure where all this time has gone but one thing is for sure, I wanted to create a special Easter Egg this year.
You’ve probably noticed: I love the avocado – cacao combo. Probably one of my favorite in the entire world. So I decided to use the whole avocado as an egg and add some chocolate sauce to it. And bam, you have an awesome, original chocolate egg baby!
I used some solid chocolate (the same I use for my chocolate barks) because the mix between the softness of the avocado and the crunch of the chocolate was appealing to me. If you want something softer, you can just add more almond butter to your chocolate preparation.
And if you want even more chocolate, why not dipping the entire avocado in your chocolate sauce?
And if you like this kind of recipe, don’t forget to check out my Raw Chocolate eBook by clicking the link below:
Easter Chocolate Egg
What you need (serves 1 egg)
1 whole avocado – ripe to perfection
1/4 cup almond butter
1 batch of raw chocolate sauce that you can obtain by mixing the following (with a spoon in a mixing bowl)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup ghee (or coconut oil)
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch cinnamon
About 1-2 tablespoons fav sweetener (I used xylitol)
About 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
About 1 tablespoon tahini or fav nut butter
What you do
1. Prepare your chocolate sauce and put aside.
2. Cut your avocado in half from head to bottom and peel each sides carefully.
3. Then put both sides back together and slice it horizontally. You should have about 7 slices.
4. Place a teaspoon of nut butter on a plate or on some baking paper and place the first layer of avocado (the base) on top (so it sticks).
5. Then spread a layer of chocolate on top, then put another slice of avocado on top and keep going until you reach the centre.
6. Fill the centre with what you love. Here I’ve fill it with chocolate and almond butter but you could also use buckinis to add some crunchiness, a real chocolate egg, or anything you want
7. Finish by putting some chocolate sauce on the very top of your egg or dip it completely.
8. Place in the fridge until it sets completely, serve with cacao and / or maca powder dusting and enjoy!