Making your own coconut yogurt is the best option to get your dose of probiotics in a healthy way. It’s not only full of goodness, but also super easy to make.
You can make it in big batches and keep in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days. Serve with fresh fruits, your favourite muesli or granola mix.
What you need
- 1 whole young coconut
- About 1 cup desiccated coconut or fresh coconut flesh
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of liquid probiotics (you can find this in any good health food store)
What you do
- Crack open your coconut and pour the water in a jug. Put aside.
- Scoop the flesh and place it in your high speed blender.
- Add about 1/2 cup of coconut water and start blending until you reach a creamy texture. It has to be consistent.
- If your texture is too liquid, add more coconut flesh or some desiccated coconut. Keep blending until your reach a nice creamy and dense texture.
- Once you have the consistency you desire, add your cinnamon powder and probiotics. Keep blending for a few seconds.
- Place in the fridge for about 24 to 32 hours for fermentation.
- Enjoy with some fresh fruits, muesli, granola or just on its own!