I improvised this little chocolate treat on an evening I wanted chocolate. Yes, it happens and not only every full moon! I actually think I am a chocolate addict as I have chocolate every single day!
But I use the pure, raw organic cacao powder, which I usually put in my smoothies, so I don’t eat all the bad sugars you have in commercial chocolate or treats.
These quantities are for 2 mendiants.
What you need
- A handful of nuts roughly crushed (I used walnuts & brazil nuts)
- 2 medjool dates, cut in small pieces
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon raw cacao powder
What you do
- Carefully heat your coconut oil and remove from heat when melted.
- Add all other ingredients and mix them well with a spoon.
- Separate the mixture in little bites. You will have to use a recipient as the chocolate is quite liquid (I used muffin backing paper cups and it worked well).
- Place in the fridge for about 45 min, until your mendiants are solid.