Knowing that the scrumptious Nutella that we all love contains quite a lot of palm oil and refined sugar, we will never have enough versions of the healthy and natural options we can make ourselves very easily.
This week, my friend Brenda, from Brenda Janschek Heath & Lifestyle is sharing her own healthy and delicious version with us: her famous Notella!
What you need
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or brown rice syrup or raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons macadamia oil
What you do
- Place nuts in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, brown rice syrup or raw honey (or a combination), vanilla and coconut oil.
- Whizz up all ingredients. It will be a little thick so add in macadamia oil as required and whizz until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
With regard to the hazelnuts in Notella, you might want to soak them in a water and acid medium (like Apple Cider Vinegar) overnight and rinse them well in the morning. This makes the nuts much more digestible.