This simple & rich cacao smoothie is a beautiful and super-simple creation I made while traveling in the small island of Gili Air, next to Bali.
A friend of mine gave me a delicious organic, cold-pressed cacao powder before leaving, and I just had to buy a small banana on the side of the road to get started.
When I blended all the ingredients — I know, I became such a nerd that I am now traveling with my blender — I found the taste so sweet that I started adding more and more cacao powder.
This cacao powder is from a very high quality that — as simple as the recipe may sound — I ended up with an unexpected incredibly creamy, rich and delicious result. I had to share it.
What you need (1 serve)
- 1 banana (make sure it’s really ripe, so it’s sweet enough to support the whole recipe)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional, but gives a nice finish)
What you do
- Blend the all the ingredients in your high-speed blender until well combined and creamy.
- Add more cacao powder if you’d like.